I’d like you to listen to this song while you read this. Its naice.
Belgium was incred.
I didn’t think it would be. I think this was mainly because I thought I was getting anxiety over the prospect of a ‘school trip’, but it turned out the reason I felt like being sick all over my new Ikea home-built furniture was because I had eaten too much granola before my morning swim. ANYWAY, it was incred.
Brussels is B-E-A-YOO-TIFUL and Antwerp is surprisingly groovy with a huge selection of healthy cafes and restaurants (kind of surprising, no?)
If I were to narrow it down to my favourite moments on my trip it would be:
- When I discovered ‘Robuust’ – The Zero Waste shop. Where I purchased my two kilo’s of cashew nuts that i wrongly assumed would last me more than 24 hours.
- When I ordered ‘two mojitos’ for my friend at a bar in Brussels and received the response ‘two metres of what?’
- The Dries Van Noten Inspiration exhibition at MOMU in Antwerp (this room was scented)
- Discovering Hunting and Collecting in Brussels – my new favourite shop, separate post on this later.
- When my friend Lucy was sick on the train on the way home from eating too many chocolates and waffles
- The flea market in Brussels
- Possibly the entire trip.
If you had sent me on this trip a year ago I would have been too crippled by my anxiety that I highly doubt I would have been able to make it. Making good friends, in under a year, who you can trust enough to spend time with in a foreign country is a BLESSING. I love all the people I have met on my post-school endeavours. Well done guys. Good stuff. (Still love y’all back home though).